Subject: Re: Archval? Was Re: [Leica] enlarger or scanner?
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:53:33 -0400

I don't think it is necessary to keep something for 150 years in order to
know that it will last for 150 years.  And while we are on the subject,
what exactly IS the meaning of archival?  Is lasting 150 years OK?  What
happens then?   It's OK for it to turn to crap in year 151, 160, 170...?

It's a good thing the Mona Lisa isn't archival.....

Dan C.