Subject: Re: [Leica] Cheapshot (Was: an invitation to be SMUG- a new list for screw mount users)
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:52:25 -0700

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> I don't object to Rich's policy, though I think it a bit strange since I know of no other mailing list where the list owner is the only "dealer."    I wonder how many members the LUG would
> have, if Brian Reid was the only person could post  "For Sale" items.
>
> I didn't appreciate Rich not being upfront about his "I'm the only dealer who can sell on my list" policy when he announced SMUG to the LUG.
>
> Had I known, I would not have subscribed.
><Snip>

I agree with Stephen Gandy on this. But I am a bit harder on the situation
becase the Photovilla thing
has been getting on my nerves for a while. I hate sneaky stuff. Backhanded stuff.
I have recently complained to Brian about their smug backhanded methods of consistently
posting its list on the LUG on other days than Fridays.
As I said before on list I think it stinks. And I get threats from Rich off list
as a result.
The allowance of dealers on the LUG should be questioned. I am not hear to make
money. I am hear to learn and converse. I would appreciate the likewise.
Mark Rabiner