Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V17 #12
From: bill carson <ke7gm@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:41:36 -0700

Hi All:  I am sitting here looking at an 11 X 14 print that I made almost exactly 65
years ago.  It was made in my basement darkroom that was without running water so print
washing was done in my Mother's laundry tubs in another part of the cellar.  The print is
on Defender Velour Black paper [I know this not because my memory is so good but rather
because it is in a Defender Velour Black envelope!].  The print was from a negative made
with a Foth Derby split 127 camera and probably on Verichrome film.  It is sparkling,
bright and completely free of any stains or blemishes.  This story may not pass as a tale
of  "archival" processing but I'm afraid that I may not be around more that 15 - 20 years
or so to see any deterioration in the print's quality.  Bill Carson [shooting miniature
cameras for over 66 years]