Subject: Re: [Leica] focusing tab
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 18:08:15 +0100

Douglas McLernon wrote:

> Does anyone have a part number for the a focusing tab you mentioned on the
> LUG for the current Sumicron?
>  The Irish dealers can't find it in their catalogue.
>  Regards,
>  Doug
>  Dublin Ireland
Funny you should mention that. I just had the plastic focusing tab replaced on
my 35 mm Summicron. My repair person asked me to order the part from Leica
Camera in New Jersey.  I called Leica and they had no trouble in identifying
the part and sent it to me within five days.  The part costs $17 US, but I
cannot for the life of me find the invoice with the part number on it. Contact
Leica directly or e-mail them, I am sure that they will supply the part number
for you.  The repair is not easy and should be done by a pro., however as the
lens has to be disassembled to attach the tab. The screw holding the tab comes
from inside the focusing ring.
John Shick.