Subject: re[Leica] Minor Cosmetic Cleaning of Leicas
From: craig egerer <sjegerer@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:32:25 -0400

Hello,
I have been using mineral oil to bring back the richness of the Leica
vulcanite and works great....I checked out that LEMON oil and it 99.98%
mineral oil with lemon scent.....You can also use BABY OIL which is same
thing with a baby fresh scent added and you may already have it in the
house....I apply it with ear buds and let it sit for a while in a dust
free area, then polish.....with older dried bodies you may have to apply
more than once until it soaks in.......Below I found some data on
Mineral Oil........

Craig

PRODUCTION:

Mineral oil is produced from highly refined hydrogenated paraffin base
stocks having the following properties:

- - low sulphur, oxygen and nitrogen contents

- - low volatility

- - color and oxygen stability

SAFETY DATA:

Non flammable, non oxidizing, non corrosive and non toxic product.