Subject: [Leica] Love/Hate - PhotoPerWeek Club
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:31:48 -0400

Jeff Segawa, wondering around in Boulder wrote:

I'd love to see more folks out there getting
creative with their cameras.

My reply:

Good lord man, that's crazy talk!  ;-)  The last thing I want is more
touristas screwing up my photo ops in my neighborhood.  I do a fair amount
of shooting in a small commercial area in my neighborhood called Little Five
Points (L5P), home to many interesting and intriguing sub-cultures
(slackers, punk rockers, the homeless, disenfranchised 'Nam vets, etc.),
that draw suburban tourists and Georgia State photography students like
flies.  The kind of rank amateurs that look for the sensational, so they can
dash back to their suburban enclave communities and say to their buds, "Hey
Billy Bob, check out their freaks in downtown Atlanta I saw!".  Or the
photography students taking the same old tired homeless dude photos.

Needless to say, my good neighbors at L5P are a little hostile towards
anyone with a camera!  I have worked hard to gain their trust, and am just
now beginning to succeed in this regard.  Naturally it's a free country, but
I would just as soon the Sunday snapshotters and students stay away.

Okay.  Off my soapbox now.  The main reason for my post is to let you know
that due to the encouragement of the fine work of Kyle Cassidy, Stephen
Holloway and others, I have decided to jump into the fray with my very own
photos of the week, for your viewing pleasure!  Starting today I shall
endeavor to take at least one good photo a week with my Leicas.   An
ambitious undertaking to be sure, but what the hey.  A URL to the results,
good or bad, will be posted once a week.  Here's last weeks shots:

http://www.mindspring.com/~rnkramer/PhotoWeekIndex.html

You can click on the photos for a larger image.  Also since this is my first
week, the forward and back navigation arrows don't work yet.  Disregard them
for know.  And a HUGE thank you to Kyle for sending me a template to use for
my web site photo efforts.  Without his help, my site would not exist.
Thanks Kyle!  I am working on a full blown photography web page, but the
photo per week site will have to do for now.  I hope you enjoy my efforts.

Bob Kramer
(trying his best to steal souls with a purpose in) Atlanta, GA