Subject: [Leica] Re: B&W paper
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 12:21:22 -0700

> Sorry Mark... I can't help being bitchy (maybe cynical even) about RC
> materials... and I daren't even let my feelings be known on ink-jot.
>
> Ed Buziak / Publisher
> Camera & Darkroom

I think you just did, Ed.

I just developed some B&W an hour ago and shot some 4x5 transparencies
yesterday. But I am also on the leading edge of a long learning curve with
Photoshop, getting some really exciting results with an Epson 1200 ink-jet
photo printer. My only complaint is that there are too many amazing photo
technologies to ever learn in one life time!

How many more great photos exist today because we could quickly print them
on RC and send or show them an hour or two later? Ink-jet will now take that
time frame to minutes, and the results can be spectacular. I didn't give up
driving a car when I could fly. I won't give up traditional B&W in the
darkroom either. But, man, it sure is fun to fly, too!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger