Subject: Re: [Leica] B&W paper
From: Ed Buziak <ed.buziak@camera-and-darkroom.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 19:08:58 +0000

Dan,

Try the New Oriental Seagull VC-FB... mind you "no matter what the cost" is
a big issue in the UK where a box of 100 8x10 of this stuff is £61.04 (or
$97.50 in your money) from KJP/Calumet Trading. As our homegrown KJP is
linked to your Calumet it would be interesting to hear what a box of this
8x10 costs on your side of the pond... I bet it's a LOT less!

SNIP... a platinum emulsion that have been applied to a hand-laid watercolor
paper
(The stuff that costs about $35 or more for a foolscap sheet of about
32"x40"!). Simply gorgeous! But then again, you get what you pay for, in the
long run!...

Ah yes... your own hand-coating of Pt/Pd salts on Arches Platine is the way
to go...
it makes the darkroom even more sensual compared to the increasingly popular
"light-room"
with the ubiquitous computer instead of an enlarger or overhead light bulb
for contacting.

BTW: did you see those gorgeous Cy de Cosse platinums in the latest issue of
"B&W" magazine?

Regards, (from a Luddite)

Ed Buziak / Publisher
Camera & Darkroom magazine