Subject: Re: [Leica] The lights are on...but nobody's home
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 17:53:08 -0700

> I have been pleasantly surprised to see how prominent Leica is in Swiss camera
> stores; in Zurich almost every store I have visited has a Leica or two (mostly M6 but
> often also R8) in the window, and many shops have a good selection of new M and R
> lenses.

Hi Nathan!

     I spent my teenage years in Zurich as my family moved there in '59.  I
remember the big Koch store on the Bahnhof Strasse.  But you could get better
buys at some of the out of the way discount houses.  I believe Koch is the
inventor of the Sinar.  Their store always had the best displays of cameras
in the store front window.  I was reading somewhere that the Bahnhof Strasse
is the most expensive real estate in the world.

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet.net