Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:Consensus? Skopar 24mm
From: John Bean <john@jbean.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 22:17:52 +0100

At Thursday 06/04/2000 11:44, Dominique PELLISSIER wrote:
>I've not tried Cosina lenses. The MTF-tests for the 15 and for the 25 show
>that these lenses have a poor quality.
>My opinion is that we buy at first a Leica lens (for its quality) and,
>after, the "rear cap" for it (i.e. a leica body or a hexar rf).
>The contrary seems to me irrational. A cosina lens on a Leica body is as a
>pimple on the left buttock of a beautiful girl...
>You write that the finders are better than Leica's. Maybe. But i read that
>they are not precise.

Take pictures, Dominique, take pictures. MTF curves do not say it all. With
or without pimples (love your use of english, even if I don't agree!). I
like M bodies - and Leica glass - but can't afford both. Can't live without
my M3 and M4-P, so... I'll take the beautiful girl with the minor blemish -
PLEASE...

Regards

John Bean