Subject: Re: [Leica] About depth of field scales and Merklinger
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:45:38 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> Just a few comments.
><Snip>
> The nice thing about LF is that all of this is directly observable. No
> formulas or hyperfocal cards needed. Just a loupe and a dark cloth. And
> with a little lens or film tilt, you can override the simple DOF rules with
> Mr. Scheimpflug's rules.
>
> By doing this over the years, it gives one insight as to where to focus
> when using a camera where DOF is not directly observable, such as the M Leica.
>
> Jim

Jim as long as we are kinda talking large format please give us a quick rundown
on how you tilt to get the foreground in focus after focusing at the horizon or
visa versa depending of if you are using drop bed bottom tilt or center axis tilts.
I've been shooting sepia Polaroids with my Cambo trying to get the bugs out! Fun!
Mark :-) Rabiner