Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100/Neopan
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 11:19:00 -0700

ARTHURWG@aol.com wrote:

> I was using Neopan exclusively for a while but found the film too contrasty
> with weak mid range and blocked highlights. But this was using commercial
> labs with unknown developers. Any coments?

Ask them what developer they were using. They will probably say Xtol.
Ask about the blocked up highlights. Is this dip and dunk or Hot developer
spray; so continuous machine?
They manage to develop other films OK?
It is possible they don't do enough Neopan to have a time one it yet and they
just throw it in with another run.
I throw my Neopan 1600 into the same tank with my Delta 400 and it could stand
to use a minute or two less time but as of yet they are easily printable with my
Aristo 4500 VC cold light head. I find the mid range solid.
If you are this particular you should be asking more questions and/or doing it
yourself. The film/s really is excellent! And cheap and consistent and comes in
120 and when I walk into the cooler it is always there, unlike Delta which flies
out of there and you have to get there on the right day or put your name on some
ahead of time.
Mark Rabiner