Subject: Re: [Leica] Ilford Delta 100 - now Neopan 1600
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 18:11:19 +0100

>I'm getting Great results from Neopan 1600 in Xtol 1:3 for 16 minutes.I have
>some of negs are my light table now ready for snipping. Having walked into the
>cooler in Pro Photo looking for 35mm Delta 3200 and they were out of it.  So I
>bought a brick of the old trusty Neopan 1600. But like most any film: a
>different ballgame in Xtol.  In 35mm I'm using it instead of Delta 3200
>for now
>on. Neopan 1600 is a true 1600 film in all the developers I've used with it so
>far the Delta 3200 will still deliver overly thin shadows at 1600 half the
>time.
>Seems to need 1200 and a less high dilution. Too much $$ for that IMO.
>These Neopan 1600 negatives are clean and sharp

snip

Mark:   everything you say is 100% my thinking, not only regarding the
Delta 3200 vs Neopan 1600 but also what you say about Neopan 1600 in Xtol.
We should meet someday, but what shall we discuss?  We  agree on
everything, including Neutol plus.  Oh yes, I know. You don't like Polymax,
but I do.