Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica foto n=3_and_the_eFilm_
From: Dominique.Pellissier@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr (Dominique PELLISSIER)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:59:28 +0200 (MET DST)

>Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>>Why? Many of the objections raised in the article (correctly, in my view)
>>to the
>>digital insert also apply to any digicam, alebeit to a lesser degree. You
>>still
>>have to take a computer or an inordinate number of storage cards with you
>>when
>>going on a trip; you still suffer from the focal length change of the lenses,
>>etc. And all this to get inferior quality compared to film.
>>
>>Nathan

###################
Nathan,

Interesting because your answer is a typical reaction facing a new technology.

In 1925, the first Leica was gunned down by professionnals in the same
manner.A field camera was so good...and the 35mm film so bad.

And, at the end of the fifties, Ernst Leitz III did not believe in a reflex
camera. A M with a Visoflex2 was so good...

IMHO digital camera is the future. My next purchase will be a digital
camera, not a Leica camera. And, anticipating the end of the "classic
camera" (in 2004), I'm going to disinvest in Leica by selling slowly my gear.

Dominique