Subject: [Leica] PJ's pictures was : leica greetings....
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 18:07:15 -0500

> he puts his hand out in front of my lens
> and says very sternly and matter-of-factly "do not photograph me."

The correct response would have been "GET YER $^$#%# HANDS OFF MY CAMERA."
said in the same matter of fact stern voice.  Me, being the nice friendly
guy I am, would have shot that guys photo just to piss him off after he
touched the front of my camera.  Touching the front of my camera while I am
working is, to put it in Tennessee talk "Fightin' words"

In all my years as a news photographer I never ran into this.  We tend to
shoot photos of each other for fun....often it is fun to get a photo of
yourself at some event in the mail or even funnier to see yourself working
in the competition or on TV.  I know I have been on TV countless times while
working.  The photo on my site of me was made by a fellow photographer while
I was covering a Ga Tech football game for UPI.  I did not ask her to shoot
it...just looked over at her and she snapped the shot then sent it to me in
the mail the following week.
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net