Subject: Re: [Leica] April LUG events-Omaha NE?
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:25:18 -0700

cec@vbe.com wrote:

> I think I must have missed some of the details in this thread.  What is "the annual Berkshire meeting" and when is it?   Anyone who can give me some more information can write off LUG to cec@vbe.com.  I would appreciate the information.

I won't be there this year but am thinking of marking my 2001 calendar.

"Berkshire" = "Berkshire Hathaway" (you may know them as GEICO, See's
Candy and Dairy Queen), and April 29 is when this year's shareholder
meeting takes place at the Civic Auditorium in downtown Omaha. I hear
that folks make pilgrimages to hear Berkshire chairman Warren Buffett
speak; that he gives a good rundown on the state of investing, free of
dot.com-type hype. I also want to do some people-watching (hence the
camera). There should be a fairly good concentration of very wealthy
people there-what will they be like; more Donald Trump or Sam Walton?
Cartier or Casio wearers? I also want to see if Omaha's DQs are the best
around ;-) As some of the activities surrounding this shareholder's
meeting involve visiting Berkshire's furniture and jewelry stores, it
might be a fine time to meet up with LUG members who might be making the
same rounds!
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado