Subject: [Leica] Leica's Stock Price....Hey Sal, read this
From: Bill <m6rf@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 22:03:58 -0800 (PST)

From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>

Luggers,
    Yesterday there was a posting about the Leica stock proice being
at 8
Euros and if it drops to look for management changes.
    Well, Leica stock price has been around 8 Euros for the past six
months.
    An unnamed source at Leica told me, their fiscal year is ending
3/31/00
and they expect to reach or excede their sales and profit
expectations.
    In other words all is going well.
    If you want to play reporter, please get your fact correct.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.

Hi Sal,

Well, there you go again.  Let us take a minute and see just who has
their facts correct and who does not:-)

Click on the link below and take a look at Leica's stock chart.  The
range over the "past 6 months"  has been form 7.10 Euros to 10.10
Euros.  That's a 42% price differential...and now exactly what You
would call "around 8".

http://bank24.multichart.de/cgi-bin/cgichart?type=5&infotmpl=../satchart/templates/infotmpl.htm&tabtmpl=../satchart/templates/tabtmpl.htm&dsatz=2860&sort=1&

Now, about Leica reaching their "profit expectations".  Leica is not
making a profit. Period.  If you read the third quarter financial
statement you will see that Leica Camera, AG lost almost 10% of it's
net asset value in that quarter.  That is not what I call making a
profit.

Hey Sal, I have a deal for you.  You teach me how to be a great
photographer, and I will teach you how to be a great stock picker.

Regards,

Bill