Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: 35/1.4 ASPH vs Noct
From: "The Beals" <jbeal@bendnet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:55:52 -0800

Ted & Jacques,
   Ted, sorry you've been implicated in this tired thread.  I put forth the
principle that focal length can determine usable handheld shutter speed,
usually determined by a general 1/focal length.  For example, a 35mm lens
can reliably be handheld at 1/30, a 200mm lens at 1/250, etc.  Of course,
this doesn't account for people who have Bogen like handholds or extreme
lenses like 8mm Nikkors and 4000mm Tascos.  The theory posted below was a
response to my 1/focal length thread.

John Beal II
Redmond, OR