Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm vs. 35 mm lenses
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:40:02 EST

PeterJonWhite writes the most intelligent response to a "what shall I get"
question I have seen on the LUG in over a year.

<< When you're out taking pictures with your 50mm or 90mm, all
 you have to do is move the frame selector lever to the 28mm or 35mm position
 to see what you would get with either lens. If you frequently see an image
 that you would like with one frame or the other, you'll know which lens to
 get.
  It couldn't possibly matter what anybody else thinks is the perfect addition
 to your system. Nobody else has your eyes, your brain, your sense of style,
 proportion, composition, etc. Pay no attention to what anyone else thinks
 you should get. Just flip that lever and see for yourself. ;-)

 Peter Jon White
 Peter White Cycles >>

Except, it is not really true that you get to see what the lens will display
on film. I think you have to look at the pictures taken with each lens to see
the real difference. Everything looks the same through the viewfinder
regardless of what lens is mounted.

I do heartily agree with Peter that no one other than the person behind the
camera can decide what he/she likes in the way of a finished product.

Regards, Paul Connet