Subject: [Leica] Which was released first ..... the Canon D2000 or Nikon D-1
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:01:12 -0500

You better do some more research....

The Canon D2000 has been out for about 2 years..... it obviously is not and
was not in response to the D-1... if your local dealer told you it was.....
I'd look for another dealer.  B&H has dropped the D2000 from it's web page
over the last couple of weeks.... it was going for a lot more than
$7500.....

If you want a Canon based one with higher pixels.... check out the The DCS
560. B&H has it at $20,000.... but it is lacking on the sensitivity side.

I don't own nor have used either one.... but since I have some EOS
lenses....I  looked at getting a Canon digital camera and did some research
on the subject.

Duane Birkey

Duane's Photographs of Ecuador@
http://duane_birkey.tripod.com