Subject: RE: [Leica] case's and what not.
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:38:43 -0600

- -----Mensaje original-----
De: mike pailliotet <pailliotet@earthlink.net>

>O.T. addition ..... When it comes to a bicycle that is most like a Leica
>my vote would be the very fine steed that threw me over the bars just
>yesterday!!! You just can't beat a hand built, steel, fully ridged,
>single speed mountain bike ....... The true test of brains vs. brawn!
>And for all you wheel geeks , I have in the makes some thing very
>special .... Chris King Single Speed hubs, 36 D.T.'s, three cross
>straight gauge and some old (new) Mavic 261's that I found hanging
>around the rafters of Carmel Valley Bikes!!!! Talk about indestructible
>!! : )  : ) I would say that these are the equivalent of a 35mm1.4 ASPH
>as far as all around awesomeness !!!!

May one ask why You choose straight gauge? It seems that double-butted
will give the strongest wheel. At least according to Herr Jobst Brandt, who
is the unrivaled master of wheel science on the internet. I donīt remember
the reason for this but if is rehashed every 3 months or so on
rec.bicycles.tech so You should have no problem finding it on deja.com.

Anders " who prefers a french or italian road racer" Nygren