Subject: Re: [Leica] 25mm f4 Skopar
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 23:06:40 +0200

Dan,
John has in fact answered in the same way as I would have done. My standard wide angle lens is the 21 since many years, and the Elmarit 24 -no matter how good- is too close to be a serious alternative. The Skopar 25 is cheap, and I bought it for fun, and also for use on my LTM-cameras. On a LTM, the Skopar makes a tight and compact snapshot package. I have tried Tom A:s 15 mm Heliar, but it is just too wide for my type of photography.

Over the years, I have found out that my main lenses are the 21-35-50-90 for Leica M. That is all I need.
I guess the 25 and 50 will be a nice combination for my LTM:s, but I have not been able to try it out yet. But the Elmar 50 and a SBOOI finder is really my way of LTM photography, a truly compact and inspiring combination. With the Skopar 25, I will have to move in closer, and maybe even change my style (less composing in the finder and faster shooting in the street photography style). I will also bring the Skopar with my M:s instead of my SA21 for a while, to try it out more. My test shots proves it to be a great lens, and the price -including finder- is almost a joke, at least for Leica-users...

Hans