Subject: Re: [Leica] Re : Leica Loupe
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:34:29 -0500

Bernard Degaute wrote:

>  Pascal wrote, in part :
>
> >I'd like to add my voice to those who praised the Leica 5X loupe.
> >
> >I had both the Schneider 6X aspheric and the Leica 5X loupe, and they are
> >both excellent. I can see no difference in optical quality between them.
> >
> >However, there are other elements you may want to consider.
>
> What loupe do you consider as the most multipurpose (I mean working as well
> with slide/neg as with paper like contact sheets)?   Is Leica and/or
> Schneider sold with a removable transparent base?
>
> Bernard
>
> bernard.degaute@village.uunet.be

I can't say enough about my Maxwell Precision Optics 4X Loupe. Good for
both trans/negs and prints. It also has a built-in illumination light
for reflected-art viewing. Very well made and nice eye relief. Very easy
to work with even up to 4x5 although you can't see the entire image when
viewing a trans/neg that large. Nice product

- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/
New email address: csocolow@mindspring.com