Subject: Re: [Leica] Blanket apology and question about PYRO
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 11:19:58 -0800

Marc, et al- rather than trying to assuage each of you with a priviate post,
I'll just say that if I did offend anyone- sorry. I do hold that a lot of
humor is based on tragedy, and while I don't consider being an attorney an
tragedy, per se, I do sometimes make lawyer jokes. My brother the attorney
even makes lawyer jokes, and passes them on to me--- and he probably makes
less than Marc as a real estate attorney.
Even though I top out at about 350 pounds (Gee, 25 stone sounds so much
better!), I tell fat jokes. It doesn't bother me- Hell, I've applied for my
own zip code!
The point is, and being originally trained in sociology I was taught early
on, that there is always- count that ALWAYS an 'in' group and an 'out'
group. It was driven home when I read the book, "Nigger" by Dick Gregory.
His observation is that "everyone has his nigger"; The Irish Protestants
have the Irish Catholics, The Irish Catholics have The British, The Serbs
have the Albanians, the Pakistanis have the Indians, and the French don't
like anybody very much!-and so on ad infinitum.
As LUGgers, we even disparage the users of (Gulp! Should I really spell it
out?) Nikons and Canons, and Lordy! What about those poor people who own a
Kiev!?
So- If I have offended anyone, sorry.  I tend to tweak noses, and stir the
pot to see what it smells like- fat people are like that, you know.

Now- for something entirely different. If you've gotten this far, and I
haven't totally destroy your equanimity, I need some thoughts about pyro
developers from anyone who'se tried them. I was given a book, and some pyro
developer by a dear friend, and I was finally going to take the plunge, and
try to use it. Experiences from others who have tried it would be GREATLY
appreciated, no joke!

Thanks!

Dan (I had to sell my Malcolm X jacket- helicopters kept trying to land on
it!) Post