Subject: [Leica] Photos on the Web, TED!! help?
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:42:48 -0500

<<Austin, try your method in the movie or TV industry and you wouldn't
last 30 seconds...You'd be run right out of town.  Your analogy of being
paid only once totally excludes all future use of the original works!  I
would hope you understand, that every time a movie is re-run on TV the
actors are paid a residual.  Of course they have already received
multi-millions for their artistic ability! Therefore, it shouldn't be
any different for still photographers and their photography.

Is this so difficult to understand?>>

Does the DP who actually shoots the film maintain the rights to the original
negative?  I don't think that it the case, but please correct me if I'm
wrong. What about the other creatives (besides the actors and music
people, who have strong guilds that have established good residual
policies)? Does the still photographer on a feature film retain ownership?
More importantly, do they use Leicas?

Sam Alexander