Subject: Re: [Leica] minilux
From: "phong" <phongdoan@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 09:40:40 -0500

My experience is the opposite of Ulrich's:  I had a Hexar,
then got a Minilux.   After six months, I sold the Hexar
because it was not used much.   It is a great compact
camera, but the Minilux complements an M system better,
primarily because it is a more compact camera.

I also have a Contax T2, and like it a lot.  But there again,
I have been using the Minilux increasingly more often, so I
will soon sell the T2.   The Minilux is not as ergonomic, but
offers me more control than the T2.

The Minilux has several annoying shortcomings (fiddly
flash control, which reverts to Auto rather than non-flash
when you turn the camera off;  poor viewfinder).  I slowly
got used to these shortcomings, and now am quite happy
with it.

- - Phong