Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 11:31:44 -0600

>> The biggest
>> and smallest AD agencies do not work this way, unless they feel they can
>>put
> >one over on the photographer.

>It is not pulling 'one over on the photographer', don't be insulting.  It
>is my choice to take the contract or not.  I am not stupid, and get paid
>quite well for the work I do.

>> If you like to give things away that's fine,

>Giving things away?  You consider getting paid what I ask giving things
>away?  That makes no sense to me.

I wasn't referring to you, or anyone else being "stupid".
As far as making sense, how does it make sense to advocate working for less
money? Worse yet, how does it make sense to follow this principle? If you
don't think you are making less than you could then perhaps you should do
some research and find out how every other commercial photographer works.
You, as Greg also pointed out, are doing yourself and everyone else a
disservice in this business. It's astounding and exasperating that you
should adhere so vehemently to a methodology that is shortsighted and
damaging.

Mark Rutledge
markrut@ticnet.com