Subject: RE: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 09:00:10 -0600

De: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>

>Another point to consider.  Microsoft isn't the only company running
>on-line services allowing people to upload and display images.  Yahoo,
>Excite are two others that I have used myself.  They all have similar TOSs
>as MSN.

I have taken a look at the TOS for Yahoo and Excite and here is my
understaning of them.

Yahoo
Wants the right to use any material posted to their communities for
advertising this service.

Excite
I didnīt find anything where they claimed any right to materials.
It seems more like "Donīt do anything illegal and weīll leave
You alone".

I am not a lawyer but to me this seems more reasonable than
giving licence to "Microsoft, its affiliated companies and
sublicencees", to do more or less whatever they want.

/Anders Nygren