Subject: [Leica] questions about Leica lenses
From: "john beckman" <apologist2000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 01:59:50 GMT

Hi -- I'm thinking about buying into the Leica R system.  I have been
offered a nearly new R8, and a used summicron 50 f/2 and Elmarit 90 f/2.8.

How do I determine whether these lenses are 3 cam or 2 cam?  I don't see
three things that I think of "cams".

Is there a way to tell by their functionality on the camera?  Or by their
serial numbers?  The 90 is 36XXXXX; the 50 is 31XXXXX.  Both lenses have
their focal length written on the barrel in a sort of computer typeface in
orange.

This is my first time with this system, so I apologize for the novice
questions and would appreciate any input

thanks
John Beckman