Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos on the Web
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:37:58 -0500

Another point to consider.  Microsoft isn't the only company running
on-line services allowing people to upload and display images.  Yahoo,
Excite are two others that I have used myself.  They all have similar TOSs
as MSN.  Can anyone point out a single example of a photographer fighting
with any of these companies over their usage of his/her image?   Do you
really think that Microsoft (Bill Gates) has nothing better to do than risk
a whole lot of ill will by stealing someone's image that was innocently
posted on one of the user groups such as the one set up by Hans, regardless
of how wonderful that image may be or how the TOS is worded?   If Gates
needs an image, I am sure he will simple buy it.  As he has already done
many times.

Dan C.