Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 Wide Angle Body = reduced vf magnification?
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 13:14:51 -0000

Skip,
I understand perfectly about that modification, short of modifying the
profile on the focusing cam on the lens (as the bespectacled 35mm /M3 lenses
were) there is no way to maintain correct rangefinder focusing with a pair
of goggles on the front of the lens. Ask Reinhold Mueller, the engineer who
did these mods (on 2 or more lenses) for Tom, he'll tell ya!

Now Tom would say that there's little need for rangefinder focusing with a
21mm lens, and he'd be right, if that's what suits him. For myself, although
I was most interested in having this mod. done, I forwent it as I figured
I'd be one step forward and two steps back.

Each to his own,

best regards,
Jem