Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] The M6 Fugue
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:51:30 EST

In a message dated 3/23/00 6:26:04 PM, dprichards@uswest.net writes:

<< With all due respect, this is like saying that an automatic weapon makes a
shooter a better marksman, because he (she) now has a 30-round magazine
with which to hit a target once, instead of doing it right with one round. >>

Sorry, with equal respect, it not at ALL like that. We're not talking about
motor drives (which might fit your analogy) but a simple, basic
aperture-priority automation system. Such a system retains ALL the "creative
control" that a manual camera has (not to mention it would still have a
manual mode). You still decide what is the most important creative factor in
your exposure -- i.e. depth of field or motion rendition -- and set the
aperture accordingly. All the camera is doing is "matching the needle" for
you. Not only that but it does so with much greater accuracy by allowing
infinitly variable shutter speeds (a great advantage with color slides). I
don't know what the proper firearms analogy would be. There probably isn't
one . . .

Bob (doesn't feel "creative" just 'cause he gets the "go" light to light)
McEowen