Subject: [Leica] RE:Leica loupe
From: HFHUBER@t-online.de (Hans-Ferdinand Huber)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 13:57:25 +0100

Hi,

I´m new in this group and I would like to introduce myself. I live in
Germany in the Rhein Main area and I´m working with M since 12 yaers and on
the R site I´m just changing from Nikon to Leica. At the moment I use both
(R8 and F5).

As far as I know the Leica loupe is produced (or maybe assembled only) by
EMO Wetzlar. It´s a redesigned EMO Loupe with a red dot. The EMO loupe is at
least 10 yaers available, I´ve mine since about 6 years. The loupe can be
ordered directly by EMO. I´ve never seen any EMO products (ball heads and
accessoires) in a foto shop.
For those which are not familiar with german geography, Solms is very close
to Wetzlar (about 3 to 4 miles) and the main location of Leitz is still
Wetzlar. When Leica Camera was split off the Leitz group as a , I think this
was in the 80th in Solms and they changed to this location.

Ferdinand