Subject: RE: [Leica] The M6 Fugue
From: "Anders Nygren" <anygren@attglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:38:41 -0600

De: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
snip
>I submit that the fully manual camera offers something that the fully
>automatic camera cannot, and that is the ability to look at a subject and
>decide for yourself how it should be photographed, without reliance on wat
>an engineer or programmer considers an acceptable exposure most of the
time.

>When I moved to Leica I gave up the convenience of an automatic Nikon.
>Except that Nikon lenses are visibly inferior to Leica optics, the N90 is
>considerably more convenient, and best of all, can rip through a
>36-exposure roll of Kodachrome in less than 8 second.  But my M6 has made
>me think, which is more than I have been able to say about a Nikon since I
>sold my Nikkormat FTN.

OK, take the M90 press mode and turn the control wheel, or whatever it is
called, until the display says M, and You have a fully manual camera.

And funny, but for me its the other way around, when I use the F90 I have to
think alot, what exposure mode, focus mode, metering mode and so on,
with the M6 I just take pictures.

/Anders Nygren