Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Loupe
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:50:11 +0100

Thomas,
I bought a Leica-Loupe 2 weeks ago.
I was at THE professional dealer in Hamburg to buy some Ilfochrome paper (I
will try to do colour for the first time soon). By the way I asked for a
5X-Loupe other than Leica, because I really liked 5x: more precise than 4x but
I still can get at one glance the impression of the whole picture. I asked for
other than Leica due to the price.
Back to the story: No other loupe available. Leica Loupe costs approximately
$230. Show me! Fumbling with the loupe, the dealer took it apart and one lense
fell off. Next he told me, that they had a special price on this loupe: $165.
Getting weak I asked if they took my credit card - no. Started searching for
money in my pockets.

The dealer told me that these loupes don't sell very well, they sold only one
before. Ok I put all my money on the table, told him I want the Ilfochrome
paper and the loupe and he could keep the B&W developer.

Got the loupe for $135.

Christoph

P.S. The loupe is perfect for me.