Subject: Re: [Leica] lens adapters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:11:39 -0500

At 03:09 PM 3/21/2000 -0500, calciua@hn.va.nec.com wrote:
>I know there are adapters to use the LTM lenses on
>the M body, but I do not know which ones they are and where to get them
>(other than Tamarkin or Don Chatterton).

SAVE THIS MESSAGE, EVERYONE!  Here is the straight skinny:

The Leica adapters are:

IRZOO/14097		brings up the 50mm frameline
ISBOO/14098		brings up the 90mm frameline
ISOOZ/14099		brings up the 135mm frameline

Note that there are permutations with what will come up depending on the
camera.

These sell used for between $50 and $75 in decent condition.  J Uhl in
Germany has obtained Leica's permission to do a new run of these at around
$80 each.

There is an effort in Poland to reproduce these.  The one I saw (actually,
own, as it was sent me to review) is heavy brass and quite nice, but only
fitted Zenit TM lenses (!).

Finally, Steve Gandy is selling a series of these adapter rings about which
those owning them have only had praise.  (I have never seen these, but they
come HIGHLY recommended -- and, trust me, as veterans on this List know,
Steve and I have had many, many differences over the years!)  His Web Site
can be found at:

http://www.cameraquest.com

I believe Steve is charging $80 or so for all three, but, please, check his
web site for details.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!