Subject: Re: [Leica] Now, Frank-bashing??????
From: Bernard <4829.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:29:23 +0300

Jeff Spirer wrote:

> >I think Mike J. was/is on the right track.  More than a few local
> >contributors seem to love Leicas but have little regard for
> photography.  Go
> >figure.  And if you follow the threads you'll realize that Bernard is
> one of
> >our dearest and most consistent trollers.

You're too kind, Rob.

> Regardless of Bernard, who I am not familiar with, I stick to my
> original
> premise.  There is no "golden list" of photographers that must be
> loved to
> love photography.  I agree that many people love their cameras far
> more
> than photography, but that is irrelevant of specific artists.

I never said anything about Frank; only about the taste of the common
man: Spice Girls, Jerry Springer etc. I'm not into the usual ideation of
the common man; one of the fallacies of the 20th century. The
Frank-tangent was something Mike J. erroneously attributed to me.

Bernard