Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA
From: "steve lehuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 21:42:38 -0500

Marc,
Looking at the ads in the Catalogue I would guess they could easily afford
the small fee for internet access. As an enthusiastic Leica owner I was only
making suggestions in the hope that the LHSA, which is supported by our
dues, could improve their position. Also those ads in the catalogue never
seem to change from quarterly issue to quarterly issue. Move the catalogue
to the LHSA web site and that will free up Viewfinder (the excellent
magazine about Leicas for those who don't know) for improvement and
expansion and seriously think about taking ads. And I would support those
advertisers with my Leica purchases.  With Leica supposedly in financial
trouble the LHSA could take a leadership role in promoting the product. I am
only in my second year of membership but from what I understand the LHSA is
really made up of a bunch of old farts (myself included) that are not going
to be around forever. The LHSA and Leica needs to attract a younger
membership base.
Steve
Annapolis