Subject: Re: [Leica] Winder M problems
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:28:58 -0700

Are you using it to shoot sequences? The Leica Canada repair chap (Gerry)
all but screamed on the phone to me not to use the winder continuously
regardless of what Leica officially maintains is possible. This is
especially true with slow shutter speeds. The wind mechanism in the camera
seems to be released before the shutter has completely finished its business
(slow speed train completely wound down) and it makes the camera very
unhappy. Gerry hinted at dire consequences for the health of the shutter if
I did not reform my film happy ways. He very carefully emphasised that I
have to take my finger right off the shutter release before tripping the
next exposure. Apparently N**** Fs and F2s were the same way.

John Collier

on 20/3/00 8:42 am, Paul Bolam <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk> wrote