Subject: Re: [Leica] enlarger question
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:47:57 -0800

Ron-
I got a V35 since I decided to concentrate on 35mm and got the VC head since
I no longer do color myself. If you do want to do color, then the color head
is still available at Leica, NJ.
I would suggest the dichroic head over filters because the colors are truer,
you can dial in the exact filtration (Need a color enlarging meter,
though!), and the variation in exposure time is less with dichroic filters,
compared to the dyed acetate filters now commonly available.
The V35 is compact, and you can easily do up 11x14s on the baseboard with
the 40mm lens.
They aren't real cheap, but they are an excellent investment. Should you
ever decide to change enlargers, you should be able to get at least what you
paid for it back, if you take reasonable care of it.
Just my $.02 worth!
Dan