Subject: [Leica] Perfect focus for landscape?
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2000 05:55:42 -0500

Paul Roark >>>>>In the MF
>shots, however, the reduction of the detail caused by less than perfect
>focus did not appear to have as much of an impact on the apparent sharpness
>of the final image as did the loss of detail in the 35 mm
>images.

What is "perfect focus" for landscape? Obviously, if there is a major oblect in the scene that one wants to isolate, one should focus on it. However, what about the type of landscape in which there are many objects in various planes of focus? I generally use the hyperfocal distance focus. In fact, I almost always use the hyperfocal distance focus for landscapes. Or, is this not a good practice?

- --Mitch