Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag Recommendation
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 12:45:22 -0700

Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> When I began to build my Leica M system a few months ago I was in a quandry
> for a bag. I figured I'd probably buy a Domke 803 satchel but ran across a
> used Tenba bag at a pawn shop for $25.

I think Temba makes some of the toughest bags around and I agree that
their dividers are great. My Tenba satchel has seen daily use for around
two years now and there are no holes worn in the fabric, no fraying
strap, no "stone washed" look: Try THAT with a cotton canvas bag!

An ideal satchel for me would have the overall construction quality and
expandability of the Tenba but would dispense of the Tenba's mostly
useless front organizer in favor of the Domke's two large front pockets.
And it would have just one plastic quick-release catch for the main
flap. I'd make it just a little bit wider too. Result? The back pocket
would swallow the Sunday NY Times and the main compartment would handle
a notebook computer, a Leica M6 + 4 lenses and the front pockets, a
bunch of film and maybe a small MF camera, yet could shrink down to
F-803 size. Wouldn't want to carry all of that on a regular basis
though--too hard on the back and shoulders.
- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado