Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm versus 120
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 20:37:08 -0500

> > That makes NO sense.  I know dozens of VERY experienced MF shooters, as
> > well as I am certainly one, and I do nothing 'special' to 'keep my film
> > flat'.
> >
> > What, exactly, do 'experienced MF shooters' DO to supposedly keep the
film
> > flat?
> >
> > Just as a note, THE bible on Hasselblad photography, called "The
Hasselblad
> > Manual" only references 'film flatness' in ONE statement on matching
the
> > backs with the inserts.  If this were truly a problem, and if
'experienced
> > MF shooters' actually did 1) have a problem with film flatness, and 2)
> > actually did something about it, it would be mentioned in this book.

>     I doubt it. Mr. Wilidi has been in Hassleblad's pocket for years...
He'd
> never get a negative remark like that by Hasselblad.

Do you base this claim on speculation or do you know something firsthand?
 I do not believe Hasselblad either has him 'in their pockets', or proofs
his books, do you know that they do, or are you speculating?

I find that kind of funny.  You would consider it a 'negative remark' (no
pun intended), when I consider it an 'operational note', that is, if it
were true ;-)

I guess one can read anything into anything they want, to make it mean
anything they want to make it mean....