Subject: Re: [Leica] image quality and format
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:16:35 -0800

Hi Gals & guys,

This is a fascinating subject and obviously a hell of a lot of testing
being carried out,  not to mention the calculations, WHEW!!!!

Man I'm glad I don't have the skills some of you have in doing all this
measuring stuff, be no time left for picture taking.  I've great
admiration for those of you with the ability to carry out the search and
calculations, quite amazing abilities.  But  what I've learned from this
isn't about the print quality 35mm to whatever, as that really has no
relevance if you shoot only 35mm.

If you dabble in both, then I suppose you might want to know. although
when I shot both  2 1/4 and 35mm I used the tool most suited to do the
job, not what the quality was going to be, as I simply knew I had the
best equipment for the assignment and used it appropriately.

But what it does do for me, is illustrate the value of education that I
make a point of during my lectures and seminars to young photo students
in college and art schools.

However, playing devils advocate here!  May I ask what all this has to
do with taking whiz bang cracker jack pictures?  Just wondered on a
quiet weekend as I take a break from editing my Grand Canyon slides

Fascinating topic.

ted