Subject: [Leica] Arnold Newman 10, Annie Leibowitz 0
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2000 14:00:17 -0500

This morning, I went to see the new Arnold Newman exhibition at the Corcoran Gallery in Washington. It's outstanding, full of masterpiece portraits.

Unfortunately for her, Annie Leibowitz also has an exhibition there at the same time. Her exhibtion is full of poster-size prints that look ludicrous in comparison to the subtlety and depth of Newman's work: all posturing and virtually no substance. I never thought much of her work, but this particular comparison is most unfortunate for her.

- --Mitch