Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Bag Recommendation - Part 2
From: "Bryan Caldwell" <bcaldwell@softcom.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 08:14:13 -0800

When traveling by air, I've settled on the following:

A LowePro Mini Trekker backpack, which easily holds everything I need for a
two week trip (3-4 M bodies, Contax T2, six lenses, a small flash, meter,
tabletop tripod w/large ball head, and my entire supply of film). It easily
fits in an overhead compartment and while on the ground I can wear it as a
backpack instead of breaking my shoulders. It also has the advantage of
looking like a backpack and not a camera bag. Security-wise, I find it
easier have my camera equipment on my back while I'm dealing with the rest
of my baggage, rather than always trying to keep an eye on everything.
Really secure and well padded. I've yet to find anything else that holds as
much with the same amount of protection and still has room for 100 rolls of
film or more.

Then, in my checked luggage - usually crammed full of socks - is a Domke
F-803 satchel. Or, sometimes, I'll take the insert out of the Domke and use
it for other carry-on items, like a  book, walkman, etc. When I get where
I'm going, I fill up the Domke with whatever I need for a day's shooting.

I've owned and used three different Billinghams (and still use the 205
occasionally) and six different Domkes, but the above works the best for me.

Bryan