Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm versus 120
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 10:08:14 -0500

>      I've used a few Hasselblads but use a Rolleiflex TLR now.  If you
> leave the film in the Hassy back it will take on a curl after a day or
> two, because the Hassy film takes more of a 'bend' than the Rollei TLR.
> Even with the Rollei, leaving the film in the camera a long time can
> cause a bulge.

I am not saying I disagree, but how do you know what you say is true?  It
must be very hard to actually measure the curve of the film with the film
IN the camera and the pressure plate against the film....especially on the
Rollei, as you have NO access to the film.  At least on the Hasselblad you
could potentially take the back off, and remove the dark slide and measure
it somehow...

This is also an interesting claim, since it is EXACTLY OPPOSITE to the view
expressed in the referenced article on BobM's web site that says if you let
the film sit in the back it will become flatter over time...