Subject: [Leica] If it ain't "boke" don't fix it
From: Mitch Alland <malland@mac.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2000 08:30:28 -0500

Looking at the LUG archives, I saw several posts stating that the character of the last pre-ASPH 35mm M-lenses was better than the current ASPH versions. The writers of these posts seemed to be referring mainly to the character of the bokeh. Do you agree that the 35mm Summicron-M has "better character" than the new ASPH versions? And, if so, what is the nature of this character?

Is the same thing true for the 21mm M-lenses, that is, thay the pre-ASPH version has better "character." I would doubt it, because of thre great depth-of-field of this focal length.

- --Mitch