Subject: [Leica] Re: PT Comment
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:15:22 +0000

Arthur: >>>Mike. I've been reading your posts on the LUG and thought I'd
drop a note to tell you how much I like the magazine. In fact, while
reading the recent "best cameras" feature I wondered about the guy who
wrote it-- you! All the best, Arthur.<<<

Thanks much, Arthur. We just finished the May/June issue and it came out
pretty well. Very interesting portfolio (I thought) by a guy who does
serious art photography in black-and-white, but  underwater, mainly in
the Pacific. He lives in Hawaii. Then, in Jul/Aug, we have three
articles on photographing children, including Ted Grant's article on
shooting childbirth, and a pretty innovative article by Carl Weese about
using a digicam as a large-format accessory. I think you may see another
Lugger surface in our pages before too long, too.

Hope you like 'em. Thanks for the comment.

- --Mike

P.S. I don't write all the "25 Best" entries, but I re-write the ones
other people write to make the style seem contiguous. At last count,
some seven other people had written at least one entry. I'm a bit
worried that it reflects my personal tastes too much, and I'm aware that
my personal tastes are idiosyncratic. The next list will be fairly
substantially overhauled.