Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 birth! :)
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:05:06 -0800

Rick Dykstra wrote:
> I forgot to ask in the other place, "How about noise?"
> Can you provide a comparison in this respect with the R8 winder please? I
> find the winder to be pretty quiet.>>>>>>

Hi Rick,

I'd say they are about equal, I can't say the motor is definitely
quieter. Certainly faster like a fast moving gun boat. Gives the camera
an entirely faster operating feel. Quite frankly, I now feel I'm back
using real Leica camera's in the manner which I felt with the R7's and
motors.

The motor without question, is a big time bonus, I bet R8 sales will go
up with it being available.  Definitely a big time bonus!

ted